What We Do
Below are just a few of the things we’re doing to enhance our kids’ educational experience and support our school. Click here for a complete list of PTA Accomplishments from 2016/2017! We'd love your help making the next school year just as great, so get involved today!
For Our Students and Families:
- Cooperative gardening program including parent, teacher and community leaders.
- Math Pentathlon program for grades K-5 that meets Fridays to play problem solving game that make learning math enjoyable.
- Spelling Bee competition for grades K-5th
- Walk and Roll healthy commuting incentive program (bike, walk, bus & car pool).
- After-school scholarship program that provides financial assistance to qualified families for participation in after-school activities.
- 4th grade art contest to develop the design for the school t-shirt.
- $16,000 annual contribution to the Technology Specialist salary, providing technology education to students.
- Financial support for kindergarten handwriting curriculum and buses to the YMCA for first grade swim instruction.
- Guest speakers for parents on a variety of interesting topics related to parenting, health and academics.
- Two family dance parties each year with a DJ
- Dual-Language Committee that meets regularly to plan initiatives.
- Spanish/English bilingual signage throughout the school to help students build vocabulary and foster a bilingual learning environment.
- Headphone translation in English or Spanish at PTA meetings.
Support for Teachers and Staff:
- Grant program providing the faculty with $6,000 towards projects and equipment.
- Food for our school staff on their first day back to work and for the Meet the Teacher event.
- Winter holiday, Valentine's and Teacher Appreciation luncheons to thank our school staff.
- Provide a Keurig and stock coffee and tea pods for the teacher workroom.
- Room Parent recruitment and support.
- Volunteer recruitment for school and PTA events
- Office volunteer support during high traffic times.
- Saturday, August 4
- Saturday, August 11
- Thursday, August 16
- Friday, August 17
- Monday, August 20