What We Do
Below are just a few of the things we’re doing to enhance our kids’ educational experience and support our school. Click here for a complete list of PTA Accomplishments from 2017-2018! We'd love your help making the next school year just as great, so get involved today!
For Our Students and Families:
- Cooperative gardening program including parent, teacher and community leaders.
- Math Pentathlon program for grades K-5 that meets Fridays to play problem solving game that make learning math enjoyable.
- Spelling Bee competition for grades K-5th
- Walk and Roll healthy commuting incentive program (bike, walk, bus & car pool).
- After-school scholarship program that provides financial assistance to qualified families for participation in after-school activities.
- 4th grade art contest to develop the design for the school t-shirt.
- $5,000 annual contribution to the Technology Specialist salary, providing technology education to students.
- Financial support for Creative Action programming and buses to the YMCA for first grade swim instruction.
- Guest speakers for parents on a variety of interesting topics related to parenting, health and academics.
- Two Family Evening events to support community building and engagement
Support for Teachers and Staff:
- Grant program providing the faculty with $6,000 towards projects and equipment.
- Grade Level funding that provides $500 to each grade level, special area and the library to help purchase items to support instruction and learning.
- Food for our school staff on their first day back to work, for the Meet the Teacher event and for Academic Showcase event.
- Winter holiday, Valentine's and Teacher Appreciation luncheons to thank our school staff.
- Room Parent recruitment and support.
- Volunteer recruitment for school and PTA events
- Office volunteer support during high traffic times.
Upcoming Events / Próximos Eventos
December 13: Kinder & Choir Winter Program / Kinder & programa de invierno del coro
Kinder classes & the choir will perform for the school at 9AM and families at 6PM (cafeteria). / Las clases de Kinder y el coro tocarán para la escuela a las 9AM y las familias a las 6PM (cafetería).
Details / Detallas
December 14: Teacher & Staff Appreciation Lunch / Almuerzo de apreciación del maestrao y el personal
Help us celebrate our teachers and staff by bringing a food dish to the Teacher’s Lounge before 10AM. / Ayúdenos a celebrar a nuestros maestros y personal trayendo un plato de comida a la sala de maestros antes de las 10AM.
Details / Detallas
Calendar / Calendario
- Wednesday, December 12
- Thursday, December 13
- Friday, December 14