Math Pentathlon is an after-school mathematics club open to students in K-5. Students develop important problem-solving and critical-reasoning skills and have fun doing it.
2017-2018 Math Pentathlon Chair: Courtney Power-Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Returning Math Pentathletes: $80 for the school year
- New Math Pentathletes: $50 for the fall session and, if you continue, $30 due by Nov. 17th for the spring session
- Free or Reduced Lunch: Registration fees waived
- 2017/2018 Registration Form
- Online Payment - log in to your account on this website and Math Pentathlon Registration is available under the "New Forms" section.
Meetings and Games
- The club meets on Fridays from 3-4:15pm, September-April. The Fall calendar is available here.
- The club uses specially designed board games and learning activities to engage students with varying abilities and learning styles. Learn more about the games by clicking the links below.
- Division 1 (Kinder and 1st Grade): SHAPE-UP™, HEX-A-GONE!™, CALLA™, KINGS & QUADRAPHAGES™, STAR TRACK™.
- Division 2 (2nd and 3rd Grades): SUM DOMINOES & DICE™, PAR 55™, RAMROD™, KWATRO-SINKO™, FIAR™
- Division 3 (4th and 5th Grades): JUGGLE™, CONTIG 60™, STARS & BARS™, FAB-A-DIFFY™, QUEEN’S & GUARDS™
- The spring session culminates in a citywide tournament. Each division tournament is held on a different weekend.
- Division 1 (Kinder and 1st Grade): April 7, 2018, Location TBD.
- Division 2 (2nd and 3rd Grades): April 21, 2018, Location TBD.
- Division 3 (4th and 5th Grades): April 28, 2018, Location TBD.
- Learn more about the tournament.
- The program relies entirely on parent volunteers. Once your child is registered for Math Pentathlon, you will receive an email invitation to volunteer. If we don’t have enough volunteers, we cannot run the teams.
- Each volunteer MUST undergo a background check. Follow this link to register as a volunteer and give permission for Austin Partners in Education (APIE) to run a background check:
- Click “Class Volunteer”
- Enter your email address
- Authorize the background check by selecting “I authorize” from the drop-down menu
- Click the “I agree” check box
- Click the “Submit” button
- Then follow the instructions
- You will receive an email from APIE confirming your registration.
- Order games or learn more about more about the program.