Math Pentathlon is an after-school mathematics club open to students in K-5. Students develop important problem-solving and critical-reasoning skills and have fun doing it.
2018-2019 Math Pentathlon Chair: Courtney Power-Freeman at email@example.com .
- Returning Math Pentathletes: $80 for the school year
- New Math Pentathletes: $50 for the fall session and, if you continue, $30 due by Dec. 14th for the spring session
- Free or Reduced Lunch: Registration fees waived
- 2018-2019 ONLINE Registration Form
- Online Payment - log in to your account on this website and Math Pentathlon Registration is available under the "Spirit Wear" section.
Meetings and Games
- The club meets on Fridays from 3-4:15pm, September-April. The Fall calendar will be available soon.
- The club uses specially designed board games and learning activities to engage students with varying abilities and learning styles. Learn more about the games by clicking the links below.
- Division 1 (Kinder and 1st Grade): SHAPE-UP™, HEX-A-GONE!™, CALLA™, KINGS & QUADRAPHAGES™, STAR TRACK™.
- Division 2 (2nd and 3rd Grades): SUM DOMINOES & DICE™, PAR 55™, RAMROD™, KWATRO-SINKO™, FIAR™
- Division 3 (4th and 5th Grades): JUGGLE™, CONTIG 60™, STARS & BARS™, FAB-A-DIFFY™, QUEEN’S & GUARDS™
- The spring session culminates in a citywide tournament. Each division tournament is held on a different weekend.
- Division 1 (Kinder and 1st Grade): April 2019, Location TBD.
- Division 2 (2nd and 3rd Grades): April 2019, Location TBD.
- Division 3 (4th and 5th Grades): April 2019, Location TBD.
- Learn more about the tournament.
- The program relies entirely on parent volunteers. Once your child is registered for Math Pentathlon, you will receive an email invitation to volunteer. If we don’t have enough volunteers, we cannot run the teams.
- Each volunteer MUST undergo a background check. Follow this link to register as a volunteer and give permission for Austin Partners in Education (APIE) to run a background check:
- Click “Class Volunteer”
- Enter your email address
- Authorize the background check by selecting “I authorize” from the drop-down menu
- Click the “I agree” check box
- Click the “Submit” button
- Then follow the instructions
- You will receive an email from APIE confirming your registration.
- Order games or learn more about more about the program.
Upcoming Events / Próximos Eventos
December 13: Kinder & Choir Winter Program / Kinder & programa de invierno del coro
Kinder classes & the choir will perform for the school at 9AM and families at 6PM (cafeteria). / Las clases de Kinder y el coro tocarán para la escuela a las 9AM y las familias a las 6PM (cafetería).
Details / Detallas
December 14: Teacher & Staff Appreciation Lunch / Almuerzo de apreciación del maestrao y el personal
Help us celebrate our teachers and staff by bringing a food dish to the Teacher’s Lounge before 10AM. / Ayúdenos a celebrar a nuestros maestros y personal trayendo un plato de comida a la sala de maestros antes de las 10AM.
Details / Detallas
Calendar / Calendario
- Wednesday, December 12
- Thursday, December 13
- Friday, December 14