Sunset Valley PTA Teacher Sponsorship Program
The Sunset Valley Elementary PTA has established a Teacher Sponsorship Fund, Grade Level Sponsorships and a Teacher In-service/Training Sponsorships for the 2022-2023 school year. The purpose of these PTA sponsorships is to assist teachers and staff who are PTA members in creating innovative educational experiences for their students. Summaries of the programs are included below. To learn more, please consult the Teacher Sponsorship Guidelines. We will accept requests until April 30, 2023.
You may apply for any of these sponsorships through the form linked at the bottom of the page.
Semester and Annual Teacher Sponsorships
The teacher sponsorship program includes two types of sponsorships:
- Semester grant. This program makes funds available each semester for teachers to enhance the educational experiences of the students.
- Each classroom teacher may each apply for up to $125 per semester.
- Each special area teacher may apply for up to $200 per semester for field trip needs, including reverse field trips, where a person of note in the field comes to campus.
- Teachers may combine proposals for shared items or field trips for multiple classes, etc., as long as the total of all items does not exceed $125.00 per classroom teacher, or $200 per special area teacher. A “shared” grant award counts as a grant for each teacher involved.
- A teacher may apply for this grant in addition to the semester grant described above.
- Application/Request due October 15, 11:59pm.
- This program is open to all Sunset Valley Elementary teachers who are also members of the Sunset Valley Elementary PTA. Click here to join the PTA!
- The grant funds must be used to provide enhanced or innovative educational experiences to the students, and their use must also fit with school and TEKS guidelines.
If you have questions about the annual and semester grant programs, please reach out to Alison Norman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teacher In-Service Funding
The Sunset Valley Elementary PTA is thrilled to offer teacher in-service funding again this year. Please apply for an in-service grant if you would like to attend training and have a portion of the funds covered by the school and/or the PTA.
If you have questions about the teacher in-service grant program, please reach out to Andria Franco at email@example.com.
$750 is available for each grade level team to buy items for their team/area. $500 is available to each essential area, the librarian, and the counselor to buy items for their team/area. Please apply for a grade-level grant to access these funds. Please remember, these funds are intended for a large grade-level purchase and not individual classroom needs, and requires all members of the team to be PTA members.
If you have questions about the grade-level grant program, please reach out to Andria Franco at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, March 27
- Wednesday, March 29
- Thursday, March 30
- Friday, March 31
- Monday, April 3
- Tuesday, April 4
- Wednesday, April 5
View Full calendarSubscribe to CalendarDownload March PDF Calendar
Sunset Valley Elementary
Principal Smore Newsletter
SVE PTA Twitter
SVE PTA Instagram
SVE Families Facebook
Grade-Level Facebook Groups
Pre-K 3 & 4
AISD Tech Support
Update contact information / notification preferences
Lunch Menus & Accounts (free breakfast/lunch for all students!)
School Supply List
Community Learn Spaces & Caregivers
National PTA podcast: Notes from the Backpack
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Get your business logo on a school banner / PTA website / weekly email, speak at a PTA meeting, and get visibility at our annual Cheetah Fest Fundraiser.)
Sign up for a sponsorship here or email email@example.com.