The Sunset Valley Elementary PTA has established a Teacher Grant Fund for the 2018-2019 school year. The purpose of these PTA grants is to assist teachers in creating innovative educational experiences for their students.
The teacher grant program includes two types of grants:
- Semester grant. This program makes funds available each semester for teachers to enhance the educational experiences of the students.
- Each classroom teacher may each apply for up to $125 per semester.
- Each special area teacher may apply for up to $200 per semester for field trip needs, including reverse field trips, where a person of note in the field comes to campus.
- Teachers may combine proposals for shared items or field trips for multiple classes, etc., as long as the total of all items does not exceed $125.00 per classroom teacher, or $200 per special area teacher. A “shared” grant award counts as a grant for each teacher involved.
- A teacher may apply for this grant in addition to the semester grant described above.
- This program is open to all Sunset Valley Elementary teachers who are also members of the Sunset Valley Elementary PTA. Click here to join the PTA!
- The grant funds must be used to provide enhanced or innovative educational experiences to the students, and their use must also fit with school and TEKS guidelines.
Teacher In-Service Funding
The Sunset Valley Elementary PTA is thrilled to offer teacher in-service funding this year. If you would like to attend training and have a portion of the funds covered by the school and/or the PTA, please fill out the form here.
Grade Level Funding
To apply for your grade level/special area funding, please fill out the form here. Please remember, these funds are intended for a large grade-level purchase and not individual classroom needs. Please apply for a teacher grant to fulfill individual classroom needs.
Upcoming Events / Próximos Eventos
December 13: Kinder & Choir Winter Program / Kinder & programa de invierno del coro
Kinder classes & the choir will perform for the school at 9AM and families at 6PM (cafeteria). / Las clases de Kinder y el coro tocarán para la escuela a las 9AM y las familias a las 6PM (cafetería).
Details / Detallas
December 14: Teacher & Staff Appreciation Lunch / Almuerzo de apreciación del maestrao y el personal
Help us celebrate our teachers and staff by bringing a food dish to the Teacher’s Lounge before 10AM. / Ayúdenos a celebrar a nuestros maestros y personal trayendo un plato de comida a la sala de maestros antes de las 10AM.
Details / Detallas
Calendar / Calendario
- Wednesday, December 12
- Thursday, December 13
- Friday, December 14